Herguan University
| | |
Untitled Document
| | | | | | |
Untitled Document
Curricular Practical Training
  • CPT will be processed in 7 business days from the date of application.

  • CPT is employment that is required for your major or is for internship course credit. Examples: internships, and cooperative education.
  • Students must have maintained F-1 status for one academic year.
  • Part-time CPT is 20 hours a week or less. If done during the school year, students must maintain full time status. It has no effect on OPT.

  • Full-time CPT is more than 40 hours a week.If you do more than 12 months of full-time CPT, you lose your OPT option.

  • Before starting work in a CPT position, a student must have authorization from the International Student Advisor. After you receive endorsement, you may begin CPT on the start date indicated.
  • You cannot start CPT until date authorized by the Advisor. You also cannot work past the date authorized by your advisor unless you apply for and are granted an extension of your permission to work.

    * If you enroll for additional internship credit, you must renew CPT with the International Student Advisor.

  • Application Check-list: The following documents must be given to the International Student Advisor for CPT authorization.

  • A letter from the Internship Advisor and/or Dept. Director stating the following:
  • You will be engaged in practical experience in your major field approved for internship.

  • Dates of proposed employment

  • Name & Address of employer

  • Number of hours per week you will be employed.

  • Proof of academic enrollment in internship credit.

  • Letter from Employer stating:
    • Job title
    • Dates of Employment
    • Number of Hours per week
    • Place of Employment
    • Description of Work

  • Copy of the page in the  College catalog indicating that employment is required of all students in this major to complete the program.

  • Original I-20, pages 3-4.

  • Form I-538. “Certification by Designated School Official.

The above information is provided on this website by:

Student Services,
Herguan University.

For more information please email at [email protected]
Go Top

595 Lawrence Expressway, Sunnyvale, CA 94085 | Tel (408) 481 9988 | Fax (408) 749 1111/636 7705 | Click here for VTA bus route

E-mail: [email protected] HERGUAN UNIVERSITY. All Rights Reserved.